Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Same ~ But Different!

I have a need to have balance in my life and in my decorating.  So when I found this great picture by James Lee I knew right where to put it.  On the wall in my exceedlingly tiny dining room.  I already owned the decorative shelves, so up they went too on either side of the picture.  Ahhh . . . Balance.

I already had the shiny(er) brass rabbit, which I feel complements the gold in the frame.  So for about a year the other shelf sat empty.  I couldn't find another brass rabbit. 
If I wasn't looking for one they would be at every thrift store or flea market I attend . . .
Then about a week ago I was browing e-bay, when "ta - dah" I came across brass rabbits.  I won the standing one and he arrived in the mail yesterday.
I like how they are the same (rabbits) but different.
One is standing upright, the other is crouching.
One is shiny brass, the other aged brass.
The same colors are in the frame
I'm still searching for something "scrolly" to put above the picture.
Everything is a process . . .and I love it!

Thanks for dropping by for a visit.  Take a minute to leave me a comment and I would be honored if you would consider following me too!

LeRae

I'm linking to Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday's

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bunny. And the picture looks great in your dining room. I've noticed that things have a way of coming together if I just buy what I like.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I would make visit to your site to read more of your contents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately, I've been on the internet looking for contents to read. Then I came across your article. I would like to say a nice write up you've got. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete