Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Path Lights ~ He Fixed Them!


Two years ago when I removed the front lawn in favor of a front yard garden, I installed low voltage path lights.  They are wonderful, they add just the right amount of light to the slate path and are great ambiance at night.  Problem is, after two years of heat and cold the plastic pieces that screw onto the bottom of the lights so they can be stuck into the ground were snapping off. I was very frustrated!  I tried several "fixes" (see the little piece of rebar in the bottom right of the picture?) but nothing allowed the electrical cord to come out of the fixture.  I was venting my frustration to my son, he asked if he could take a look at them.  I said "sure", which really meant "your going to fix them??"
Plastic piece that goes into the ground
and (used to) screw onto the bottom
of the light so it would stand upright
in the ground.

End of plastic piece that used to screw
to the light.  The "screw" part
snapped off.












Two days later he came to me with these.  A short piece of galvanized pipe with a hole drilled in the end of the power cord, and short bolt on adapter that will screw to the bottom of the light and then with the little screw attach to the galvanized pipe that will then be pounded into the ground.  I was amazed!  They work great!  The light stay upright, now matter how many times the dogs or grand babies bump into them.  They won't snap off due to heat or cold.  I was so happy I think I did a dance and then hugged him really hard!  I am so proud of him.  He fixed my path lights ~ one small thing that makes me very happy.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I cherish all your visits and read every comment.  I would be honored if you would consider following me.  Until next time . . .

LeRae

P.S.  I'm linking to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesdays http://www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ and to Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Fridays http://www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/.  Be sure to drop by these wonderful Blogs and join all the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment